When you first set-up an account with Connex for Xero, our system saves special security tokens to ensure that your data remains secure. We do not store your Xero user name and password. These tokens must be renewed over time for security purposes. This article will guide you through the process.
What Causes Tokens to Expire?
There are many reasons:
- Time - The tokens only last 6 months.
- App Center - You click get app now more than once. As a result, it invalidates your tokens with us. You must renew the tokens on each connection.
- Multiple Users - You authorize the app for one user. Later on, you click get app now with another user and the tokens get invalidated.
- Xero makes updates and they invalidate tokens.
- Xero goes offline for a period of time and they invalid tokens.
To watch a live video demonstrating how to renew your tokens, click here.
Connex for Xero stores special login tokens, so we can auto-sync orders. After a period of time, these tokens expire and must be renewed. Our system will email you, when these tokens lapse. Here are the steps to renew your login:
- Login to connexfx.com.
- Go to account > disconnect and click OK when prompted.
- Click the green connect to QuickBooks button.
- When prompted for your e-commerce login, click the blue submit button.
- If your login has been expired for more than 24 hours, perform a manual sync to transfer any missing orders.
You should see missing orders come into QB in thirty minutes to an hour. For more info on manual syncing, read this knowledge base article.
Web Server is Down
If you have follow the steps above and you still see this error, then it should go away on its own. On occasion, Intuit's web server goes down and no one can sync orders. Our system will continue retrying, until Intuit is back online. Ensure that all the icons next to QB Data Services and Intuit Sync Manager are green on this page. This is a rare occurrence with Intuit. If you're using QuickBooks Desktop, the Intuit Sync Manager displays errors, and the error message is 17_7118, then please sync later.