You can add sales tax as a line item, allow Avalara to match the code, or map a shipping address U.S. state to a code.
Tax as a Line Item
If tax rates change on municipality, we recommend adding tax as a line item. You may use a third party service to manage your sales tax payable. Tax as a line item is the default behavior. To disable adding tax as a line item, follow these steps:
- At the Connex my connections page, choose your connection.
- On the configure page, scroll down to sales tax settings.
- Uncheck add tax as a line item.
If you are using Avalara's tax provider, uncheck add tax as a line item.
Connex can match a shipping address U.S. state or a foreign region to a tax rate. To map tax rates, follow these steps:
- On the Connex configure page, click sales tax on the left.
- Click add new rate.
- Add a state or region, a tax rate, and your country code:
- Click submit.
The city field is optional. If the city is filled in and the shipping address city is matches it, Connex will match the correct code. Otherwise, Connex will search for a tax mapping for the shipping address region.