Where is the plugin configured?
You just need to install the plugin. The plugin is configured on Connex website. The plugin just installs a web service and the DLLs for it to build.
When I install the plugin, why does it say Accounting.QuickBooks?
Our software installs plugin on your site, which creates a web service file at /qbowebservice.asmx. We use the same plugin for our QuickBooks integrations, Cloud Cart and Connex for QuickBooks. The plugin is compatible with Connex for Xero.
Where do I configure your app?
After installing the plugin, go to connexfx.com. After signing in, choose nopCommerce and enter your admin login. You will arrive at the configure page.
Can I download the plugin source code?
Our source code is available on Github.
Install Plugin Files
Connex needs a nopCommerce plugin installed on the server hosting the website. Here are the steps for installing the plugin:
- Login to the admin of your nopCommerce website.
- On the top right, note your build number (3.3, 3.4, etc.)
- Download the nopCommerce Connex for QuickBooks plugin
- Open the zip file.
- If you see a folder called nopQBConnex, double click it.
- Match the build number from step 1 with the build number folder and double click the folder.
- Merge the plugins folder with the plugins folder of your website. To see a screenshot, click here.
- Merge the contents of the folder with your website.
- Merge the QBOWebService.asmx, located in the folder with nopCommerce version numbers, of the zip file with the root of the site.
- Login to nopCommerce.
- Go to Configuration > Plugins.
- Go to Accounting.QuickBooks > Install.
This plugin requires no configuration inside of nopCommerce. All of the settings are done on our website. The plugin installs the files necessary for the QBOWebService.asmx file to work.
If the installation was successful, you will see a blue and white screen at http://www.yoursite.com/qbowebservice.asmx. All of your settings are configured on the Connex website. Click here to see a screenshot.
Here is a screenshot of a nopCommerce version number:
Here is the end result:
If you are upgrading your existing plugin, follow the steps above to step 8. Login to your website and click restart application.
Our system can create invoices for unpaid orders. When you choose settings on cloudcartconnector.com, choose invoices payments if paid. Make sure that the order has no paid date. The system will pick up the order and create an invoice only. Our system will query orders from five days ago to see if there was a payment status change. If so, it will create a payment for the invoice at a later time.