You must add an order prefix or suffix at the end of orders Connex exports into Xero, so the numbers from Xero and the numbers from your order management solution are different. Overlapping orders can cause orders to fail to export or payments to be matched incorrectly.
Some customers have order numbers in their order management system and Xero overlap. Here is an example:
- On November 1, 2014, you enter invoice #1 into Xero for John Smith. It has a balance of $100 and its total was $100 because it was never paid.
- Your order management solution sends Connex order #1 for Jane Jones.
- Our system asks Xero if there is an order #1.
- Xero responds with John Smith order #1.
- Connex skips the order.
- Connex inserts the payment for John Smith order #1 because it thinks it order #1 for Jane Smith.
You might experience orders failing to reach Xero, payments failing to be applied or payments matching to the wrong invoices.
If you go to your transaction log, located at the settings gear icon > transaction log, you will see these messages:
- Order 0 has failed to export into Xero. Duplicate Document Number Error : You must specify a different number. This number has already been used.
- Order 12490 has a 0 balance and Xero cannot create a payment.
Adding a Prefix or Suffix
Here are the steps:
- Login to www.connexfx.com
- Click configure on the my connections page
- On the configure page, expand the Sync Manually to Xero drop down
- Under order prefix, enter IS- (as an example). This will prefix all orders with IS- and then the order number:
- Click sync now