Should I sync with Authorize.NET?
If you are syncing Xero and your online store, it is unnecessary to sync with Authorize.Net. Your store sends Authorize.Net a copy of the order, so you will get duplicates. You only need this sync if orders from Authorize.Net do not exist in your online store, like phone orders.
In many cases, Authorize.NET fails to send what was ordered to our solution. If you are unsure whether your ordering solution sends SKUs, consult your web developer. You may also use our order previewer:
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure.
- Hover over the gear and click reports.
- Click order previewer.
- Choose a date range.
If you see no SKUs, there are several workarounds:
- You can change your ordering form to send Authorize.NET SKUs.
- You can map items to Xero, based on the order description.
- You can map items to Xero, based on their sale price.
- You can map unknown to another item in Xero.
Options two and three work, if there is a single item on the order. For multiple items, you must use option one.
How do I pair Authorize.NET?
You must login to your merchant interface and obtain your API Login and Transaction ID. Here are the steps:
- Login to your Authorize.NET merchant interface
- On the left, click settings and you'll see this area:
- On the right, click API Login and Transaction ID
- Complete the form
- At the Authorize.NET settings page, click transaction details API:
- Enable the API. If you do not enable the API, your login with us will fail.
- Login to Connex.
- Choose Authorize.NET.
- Enter your credentials and leave the URL as http://www.authorize.net
- Click submit.
Can you add merchant fees?
Connex can add merchant fees to each order. For more info, read this article.
Our system will create separate items for tax and shipping. If you see no order details, contact your order management solution provider and ask them to send line item details to Authorize.NET.
Here is how our system maps Authorize.Net's line item object to Xero:
|Name||Item Name||This is the unique identifier to the line. Name is the product SKU.|
|Description||Description||This fills in the order description on the line. If you go the advanced tab on Connex's configure page, you must enter DESCRIPTION to use this value in the Xero order item description. The default is the product's name.|
|UnitPrice||UnitPrice||Price per unit|
|ID||Item Name (optional)||In some cases, the ID field is the product's SKU. If this field is not a number and it is a phrase, the ID field replaces the name field as the SKU.|
Can Connex sync items as non-inventory?
By default, our system will map new items to inventory items. If you only sell service items, Connex can map all new items to non-inventory. On the inventory tab, select non inventory only and click submit. You could also ensure that all SKUs exist as inventory, service, or non-inventory. If our system finds a matching item name and sku, it will use its item type.
Can Connex sync unpaid invoices for failed transactions?
By default, Connex skips adding these orders. To enter them as unpaid invoices, follow these steps:
- On the Connex configure page, change the transaction drop down to invoices.
- Go to the export to Xero tab.
- Select a list of cancelled order statuses to export.
- Click submit.
How do I sync payments only and not invoices?
The Authorize.NET transaction ID maps to the Xero order number. If Connex detects a duplicate, then Connex skips the order. Connex will apply a payment, if the order exists and it has a balance. On the Connex configure page, select invoices as your transaction mode.