A Xero invoice contains multiple line items. Each item has its own income account. Connex will map the item income account from Xero or a Connex rule.
How does Connex map the income accounts from Xero to sales?
Here is the logic:
- If the Xero item is missing an income account, then Connex will use the sales income account in your Connex settings. This setting is located on our configure page. Expand new order and product accounts.
- If you used the Connex rules engine to map an income account, then the rule will take precedent.
- If the Xero item has an income account, then Connex will map that income account to the Xero invoice.
How do I use the rules engine to assign income accounts?
In this example, we will assign the income account sales - international for any sale shipping to Australia. Here are the steps:
Connex will show a list of accounts to choose.
To preview your change, follow these steps:
- Go to the Connex order previewer.
- Enter the order number from your site or use the date range.
- Click the details tab.
- There is a field called income account.
All of my orders use the same income account. Did I configure something incorrectly?
Connex will make items that are missing in Xero. All items will use the accounts specified on the new order and product accounts in Connex. After the item enters Xero, you can change the income account. Here are the steps:
- Log into Xero.
- On the top menu, click accounts > inventory.
- Click the link on an item.
- Click edit item.
- Change the income account: