You can add sales tax as a line item, allow Avalara to match the code, or map a shipping address U.S. state to a code.
Tax as a Line Item
If tax rates change on municipality, we recommend adding tax as a line item. You may use a third party service to manage your sales tax payable. Tax as a line item is the default behavior. To disable adding tax as a line item, follow these steps:
- At the Connex my connections page, choose your connection under existing connections. Click configure.
- On the configure page, expand the sales tax drop down.
- Uncheck add tax as a line item.
If you are using Avalara's tax provider, uncheck add tax as a line item.
Connex can match a shipping address U.S. state or a foreign region to a tax rate. To map tax rates, follow these steps:
- On the Connex configure page, expand the sales tax drop down and click map Xero tax codes.
- Under the action gear, click add new tax code:
- Click submit form.
If you are a U.S. user, you can also match tax codes by city or county if necessary. If you have recently added or removed tax codes from Xero, you must re-sync Xero with our solution.