Out of box, Connex maps the tax code on the Connex configure page to the order. By default, Connex assumes prices are tax inclusive and applies VAT. Some order management solutions send the order item tax code to Connex. You can map this tax code to orders.
What solutions are compatible?
Right now, this guide works with WooCommerce only. If you use another tool, please contact us.
How do I map the codes?
You must add a rule:
- On the Connex configure page, expand sales tax. Uncheck prices and shipping include VAT.
- You will see the tax codes that you added. Note that they use a code name. You can click edit to see the tax code name in Xero. This code name must be used in the rules engine.
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- To map 0% VAT, add this rule:
- You could also choose SKU as the field and starts with as the comparison. You could say if the SKU starts with a certain phrase, then map a tax code in Xero.
- Connex will apply 20% by default. If you want to add a different mapping, enter the tax code from your store and the Xero tax code to send.
- Go to the Connex order previewer.
- Enter the order number.
- Look at the tax code field. You will see ZERORATEDOUTPUT.